ARK Group DMCC is a stabilisation, development and conflict transformation consultancy that provide research-informed analysis and policy recommendations, as well as evidence-based interventions, in conflict-affected areas. Working with and through local communities, we seek to understand and then mitigate the negative effects of conflict and instability to enhance community safety and promote human security, development and economic opportunity.
In March 2017 a Consortium between Siren Associates and ARK Group DMCC were awarded the contract to deliver support to the Jordanian internal policing authorities. ARK seeks a HR Assistant to support programmatic expansion and to ensure the continued success of this project and to help develop the planned future expansion of the project quickly and effectively. Under the supervision of the Project Manager and the HR Manager, the HR Assistant will help to maintain general oversight of the day to day running of the office and all of the administrative functions of the project. In particular the HR Assistant will have responsibility for Human Resources and Travel. Functions include but are not limited to:
• Supporting recruitment activities such as screening applicants, evaluating applicant qualifications, preparing selection activities, Assist in conducting interviews if required and maintaining a recruitment database of qualified candidates.
• Supporting the drafting of employee contracts that are legally compliant for employees and consultants.
• Monitoring contract expiry and extension dates and ensuring consultancy payments are approved and relayed to the finance team.
• Maintaining an effective induction and orientation process for new staff.
• Carrying out exit interviews and ensuring an effective exit process.
• Provide active support for developing and implementing HR policies and practices.
• Maintaining accurate personnel files, contracts and Government Relations activities to ensure that the company is compliant with Jordanian Labour Law.
• Maintaining accurate HR data for all employees, through the HRMS Systems ensuring data is accurate and relevant.
• Assist the HR Manager/Officer in drafting and preparing HR documentation for the core team and the consultants.
• Assists with the establishment of an in-house employee training system that addresses the company’s training needs including training needs assessment, new employee orientation or onboarding, management development, production cross-training, the measurement of training impact, and training transfer.
• Assists with the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development plans (PDPs) and employee development programs.
• Carry out any other duties that may reasonably or exceptionally be required to ensure the smooth operation of the offices and projects.
• Assists in booking flights for Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
• Supports all associated requirements for both internal and external training activities.