تعلن وكالة الغوث – الانروا – عن توفر وظائف شاغرة للمهندسين براتب اساسي 909 دينار اردني
UNITED NATIONS RELIEF AND WORKS AGENCY
FOR PALESTINE REFUGEES IN THE NEAR EAST
UNRWA is the United Nations agency responsible for the protection, care and human development of a population of some 4.7 million Palestine refugees living in the Gaza Strip, the West Bank, Jordan, Lebanon and the Syrian Arab Republic. UNRWA is committed to assisting Palestine refugees in maintaining a decent standard of living, acquiring appropriate knowledge and skills, enjoying the fullest possible extent of human rights, and leading a long and healthy life. UNRWA is the largest UN operation in the Middle East with more than 29,000 staff. Most of these staff is refugees themselves, working directly to benefit their communities – as teachers, doctors, nurse or social workers. UNRWA is seeking to employ a qualified:
Vacancy Announcement NumberISP/01/2018
Condition of services
This Contract (Individual Service Provider, ISP) is for Eleven months (extendable). Monthly salary JD 909.9 fils, includes transportation.
Department Field Infrastructure & Camp Improvement Program
Duty Station Jordan Field Office (Projects)
Issue Date 07 January 2018
Deadline for Applications 20 January 2018
Place in the Organisation
The incumbent of this post reports to Site Engineer and Construction Engineer
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
In accordance with Agency policy and procedures the incumbent:
· Assist senior engineer in maintaining a daily site reports with a detailed history of the construction works and all happenings at the site.
· Drafting the reports for progress of work to senior engineer to compare with the contractor’s program of work as agreed by the Director of Works.
· Following up in consultation with senior engineer the work carried out by contractor on site to ensure that it is executed to correct line and level, the materials and workmanship comply with the specifications and all necessary tests on materials including inspections of manufacture at source of components are incorporated into the permanent works.
· Take measurement of the work executed by the contractor to be reviewed by senior engineer to agree with contractors’ staff.
· In consultation with the senior engineer agrees with the contractor on breakdown of the cost of additional works.
· Checks the payments requests submitted by contractor for senior engineer approval.
· Following and supervise works of concreting after duty hours and when needed.
· Drafting notes on as built drawings prepared by contractor showing the actual level and details of foundations, the type of strata encountered in the excavation and full details of any deviations from the working drawings which may have been made during the execution of the work.
· Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
· A university degree in Civil Engineering;
· A minimum of two years’ experience in supervision or contracting for building construction projects.
Good command of written & spoken English & Arabic.
· Ability to practice team work positively;
· Knowledge of local practice and materials used in Jordan ;
· Ability in prioritizing and planning works ;
· Ability to work under pressure ;
· Good communication (both written & verbal) skills.
Possession of a valid driving license in Jordan.
When the minimum requirements are not fully met, the Field Director may exceptionally substitute part of the unmet requirements with a combination of relevant academic qualifications, additional professional training and progressive relevant work experience.
NB: Work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not considered an acceptable combination.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to register at http://jobs.unrwa.org by creating a personal profile and completing an UNRWAPersonal History Form. Please note that UNRWA only accepts degrees from accredited educational institutions. Only applications received through http://jobs.unrwa.org will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.
UNRWA encourages applications from qualified and experienced women. UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
UNRWA is a United Nations organization whose staffs are expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for human rights, for diversity, and for non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. UNRWA staffs are expected to uphold these values at all times, both at work and outside. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs.
The United Nations does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, testing, interviewing, etc). The United Nations does not concern itself with information related to bank accounts.
Issue Date: 07 January 2018