Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Reports to: Health M&E Manager
Summary: This role will support Medair’s monitoring and evaluation processes at the regional level. Main responsibilities include manage M&E activities for a variety of sectors, including health, nutrition, WASH, shelter, and cash; implement M&E work plans, direct field staff, and maintain an overview of indicators for each sector/proposal.Responsibilities will also include regular reporting internally, to various stakeholders. On a day-to-day basis to be involved in a wide variety of activities involving maintaining M&E data organized for all monitoring activities, review M&E ODK forms and dashboards, creating monitoring reports, training staff appropriately on conducting M&E activities, interviewing new field M&E staff and creating monthly feedback reports for each sector.
- Maintain M&E data and keep data well organized for all monitoring activities.
- Review and develop M&E ODK forms to reach project indicators.
- Work with sector PMs, advisors, and IM team to develop M&E dashboards for each sector.
- Liaise with IM team to ensure data protection of all complaints and M&E data.
- Help finance and logistics team monitor support functions as necessary, including supplier monitoring.
- Responsible for salary monitoring, including regularly reviewing staff monitoring processes.
- Develop and maintain SOPs for monitoring activities.
- Provide information to beneficiaries, partners, and communities on the complaints system on an ongoing basis.
- Help train and coach relevant program, partner, and field staff on M&E tools, data collection and analysis, basic surveying and sampling techniques and implementation of Complaints Response Mechanism, CRM.
Supervision and Management (incl. Cover, Partner Management)
- Line manages assigned staff, emphasizing growth and development in line with Medair management policies.
- On-demand, oversee M&E partner staff activities and prepare plan for supervisors’ activities.
- Interview new partner and field M&E staff.
- Coach local partners in order to develop capacity in quality management and monitoring and evaluation.
- Attend regular M&E meetings with partners as needed.
Quality Management (incl. Beneficiary Accountability)
- Follow appropriate M&E Standards and integrate lessons learned into the projects.
- Perform quarterly review of beneficiary accountability and ensure new ideas are being implemented at community level.
- Work with IM team to ensure dashboards are showing up-to-date indicator tracking and M&E activity tracking.
- Developing a monitoring library to document entire monitoring system.
- Help implement methodology for monitoring of the program activities and ensure fieldstaff follow relevant protocols.
Communication (incl. Proposals and Reports)
- Contribute to regular daily and weekly communication with M&E team.
- Hold regular biweekly meetings with sector PMs and PSM to review M&E plans and activities.
- Write and submit monthly M&E reports to M&E manager for partner activities.
- Create monthly feedback reports for the sectors.
REQUIRED Degree or diploma in the field of Science, Mathematics, Data Management, or Humanitarian Practice.
DESIRED University degree in Statistics, Specialized training in M&E
2 years post-qualification professional experience
Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation
Experience working in humanitarian emergency context
Knowledge and experience of health, nutrition, WASH, Shelter and Cashprograms
Intermediate English (spoken and written)
Excellent Arabic (spoken and written)
Excellent English (spoken and written)
Willingness to improve language skills, spoken and written
Good computer skills with good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Aptitude, willingness and ability to learn M&E software, data analysis and data management packages that are not familiar
Familiar with tablets, smartphone and associated survey software such as ODK
Competent with ODK /ONA, QLIK, GIS and/or SPSS
You are passionate to work in humanitarian sector
Enthusiastic with a ‘can-do’ attitude
Good understanding of humanitarian issues
Compassionate, self-motivated, energetic, autonomous
Good communication and inter-personal skills
DESIRED Able to develop/maintain effective relationships
Capacity to manage personal stress levels
Creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner
Diplomatic and sensitive to humanitarian issues
DESIRED Willingness to be stretched professionally and personally
Problem solving ability
Attention to details
Strong administrative skills
Skilled at smartphone-usage
Moderate numerical and report writing skills
Good documentation skills
Excellent numerical and report writing skills
Willing to learn
Areas of Expertise
Monitoring and evaluation basics
Data Collection techniques
ODK data collection Tool
GIS, QLIK, ONA
Survey and assessment knowledge (incl. sampling methodologies)