• Supporting the accountability officer for managing, recording, sharing, following up and consolidating complaints / feedback about ACTED’s staff and interventions, and ensuring community feedback is fed back into the project cycle management.
• Working closely with field program teams.
• Providing useful and constructive information to target communities about ACTED’s programmes.
• Supporting in managing the main refugee complaint’s hotline and actively seeking out complaints and feedback within the community.• Attending the district meetings when the accountability officer is no available and reporting main issues to the AME management.
• Creating an environment of constructive dialogue between ACTED and target communities
• Supporting the accountability officer to Ensure that the programme teams have the correct information about the correct purpose, role, scope and mandate of the Accountability team
• Supporting the accountability officer to Ensure that information about ACTED’s accountability mechanisms and approaches are available to target communities, notably through the development of visibility leaflets, community orientation sessions, etc.
• Providing monthly analytical reports and recommendations to the Accountability officer to discuss with programme teams / coordination on the basis of complaints and feedback received from target communities.
• Ensuring that urgent and sensitive complaints are addressed in a timely and appropriate manner.• Actively seeking out effective dialogue via different platforms (both group and individual) to ensure that refugees feel safe and confident to express concerns, complaints and feedback to an independent and unbiased ACTED member of staff.
• Complaint management
• Ensure that all received complaints are registered and recorded in the complaint registration database according to the provided guidelines.
• Ensure that all complaints are managed and, if needed, forwarded to relevant Programme Managers or Coordination as per described instruction (decision tree) included in the complaint mechanism manual.
• Ensure that all the complaints are followed up closely with relevant department and coordination in order to resolve them within 2 working weeks (14 days).
• Ensure the confidentiality of complaints data is respected, and this information is not shared with any irrelevant staff members or external person / organization.
• Clean and update the database along with emerging needs with the consultation of the International Manager.
• Compile all complaints received during the week and send a weekly report to both Za’atari Coordination and the International AME Manager
• Compile monthly narrative report for sharing of key issues and findings with Country Director.
• Periodically review the wider complaints mechanisms and processes followed by Programme teams to ensure that their systems of handling complaints are effective, efficient and transparent.
• As required by either Za’atari Coordination or AME Management, carry out ad hoc investigations into complaints received.• Maintain relationships with peers from other agencies to ensure the effective use of referrals both into and out from ACTED
• Data management :
The Accountability assistant is also responsible of data management within the AME department. S/he will be responsible of :
• Assist with data collection activities and ensure that data collection teams are organized and resourced as needed, and that they deliver as per field mission plans and according to data quality standards;
• Assist in the analysis of AME data and help produce reports, factsheets with useful statistical analysis and presentation (charts, tables, histograms, box plots) as necessary in a timely manner;• Support the AME officer in providing data to the Project Development Team for use in preparation of reports to donors and other stakeholders, as required;
The AME Accountability Officer will be appraised on his/her demonstration of the qualities and competencies listed below as well as from carrying out of the duties mentioned previously.
• Diplomacy is required for all interactions; this includes following the chain of command and never circumventing the program and the AME Management’s authority in terms of advising, reporting and the like.
• Impartiality, objectivity and confidentiality are imperative; without prior authorization complaint’s reports, and databases should not be shared.
• Reports must be complete and meticulous.
• Flexibility and adaptability are essential, as well as the ability to plan, take initiative and organize work independently.
• Understanding the nature of work carried out by programs is necessary for ensuring the relevance and usability of the reports produced. Therefore a proactive and self-motivated attitude towards gaining a good understanding of ACTED programs is essential. In addition some prior knowledge of project specifics practices is desirable.
• Willingness to learn and capacity to innovate; the AME Accountability Officer must be inventive and eager to improve his/her own skills, and be capable to adapt, shape and develop tools best suited for ACTED’s activities;
• Ability to travel to the field for data collection, cross checking the data and provide training to field staff;
• Proficiency in the local languages is essential.
• Good knowledge of written and spoken English is required.
• Good organisational and communication skills with international and national staff and rural communities are essential.
• Good knowledge with excel and data cleaning, analysis and making graphs.• Prefer to have knowledge on ODK.
• Competencies in all computer related tasks including Word, Excel is strongly desirable.