Programme Officer in Amman, Jordan (local position)
Caritas Switzerland (CACH) prevents, combats and alleviates poverty worldwide in more than 30 countries. With its projects in development cooperation, it works in the areas of food security, water, climate protection, disaster prevention and migration as well as education for children and adults. It provides emergency relief in disasters and is actively involved in reconstruction work.
In response to the Syria Crisis, CACH has been engaged in relief activities together with its partners since July 2012 supporting projects in Jordan, Iraq, Lebanon and Syria. In Jordan, CACH is active in the fields of emergency relief and livelihoods and aims at increasing resilience and improving living conditions of Syrian refugees and vulnerable host communities through cash assistance, job creation, and livelihoods interventions.
Purpose of the Position
This position aims at contributing to the effective implementation of CACH’s program in Jordan focusing on the Relief and Livelihood sector. As detailed in the ToR attached below, core areas of support include the implementation and monitoring of the ongoing projects in country as well as the set-up of new livelihood and relief projects including needs assessment, report writing, knowledge management and related duties. The tasks include coordinating with project partners, liaising with other organization working in a similar field and with related Ministries, donors and other stakeholders.
Competencies and Qualifications
- University degree in Development Studies, International Relations, Economics or a related field;
- Minimum of four years of experience in a similar position at an international NGO in the field of relief and/or development;
- Sound understanding of the context in Jordan and the refugee situation;
- Cultural-sensitivity, strong inter-personal as well as strong communication and presentation skills (verbally and in writing);
- Highly organized, flexible, good capacity of analysis and synthesis;
- Respect for the vision and mission of Caritas Switzerland;
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic.
Please refer to the ToR attached here for a full list of required competencies and qualifications: https://apply.refline.ch/126757/0492/pub/1/index.html
Please submit your application, including an application letter and CVas well as information on credentials, by 4 February 2018 through CACH’s online application system at https://apply.refline.ch/126757/0492/pub/1/index.html
Expected start date is 1 March 2018, with an expected workload of 100% and a contract duration of 10 months, with possible extension.
For further enquiries, applicants may contact: syriacrisis(a)caritas.ch.