~~The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The Syria crisis is often described as the worst humanitarian catastrophe since the end of the Cold War. Inside Syria, 7.6 million people are internally displaced and 12.2 million are in need of humanitarian assistance, with 4.8 million in hard-to-reach areas. There are 4 million Syrian refugees in neighboring countries. This is no short-term humanitarian episode. The devastating human consequences to huge numbers of people will endure for decades. The destruction of relationships, communities, livelihoods, homes and infrastructure will take years to repair.
IRC is offering a robust humanitarian response to the Syria crisis. With an annual budget in excess of $140 million and a rapidly expanding portfolio, supported by more than 1,250 staff in the region, IRC is undertaking programs in Syria and the neighboring countries of Turkey, Iraq, Lebanon and Jordan in the fields of health, child protection, education, women’s protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, water and sanitation, and livelihood programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
The partnership Finance assistant (Jordan Cross-Border Program) is a position supporting the Jordan Cross-Border finance team . With the overall objective of achieving high quality programming, the main goal of this position is to ensure effective review of partner finance reports and documentation as well as provide support to partner and Sub award finance staff and management . The Finance assistant (Jordan Cross-Border) will support in the review of partners financial reports , also will provides general administration support to the Partnership Finance team with general filing, photocopying scanning and control of all documentation relating to partner remuneration.
• Support on the review of partner financial reports and supporting documentation, providing feedback to partners as necessary and flagging any compliance and financial management issues to IRC management.
• Verify completeness and accuracy of all accounting documents at the stage of the data received.
• Maintain the bookkeeping and files related to all the sub -award hardcopies and softcopies- Filing all sub award financial records and makes it available for management, internal /external audit and review, and trace all documents (PRs, payments, checks, and service requests), also Copying and scanning of documents.
• Liaise with partner organizations to ensure completeness, correctness and accuracy of financial reports.
• Assist in preparing financial report reconciliations for Program and Finance review and sign off.
• Assist in review and prepare partner cash requests.
• Provide support in the management and tracking of all partner budgets and financial reporting deliverables, inform Sub Grant Finance manager and the Program Coordinator of any potential issues with spending and financial reporting.
• Support in the preparation of internal finance reporting.
• Liaise with the Sub-Grants Finance Manager with regards to any sub-award reconciliation or payment request as necessary.
• Ensure compliance with IRC procedures and guidelines.
• Liaise with the local CBOS and INGOS
• Assist in the implementation of Finance policies, procedures and systems.
Program Support & Capacity Strengthening
• Provide support in preparation and conduct of financial trainings for partner organizations.
• Liaise with partner organizations on regular basis to provide financial and program support in areas of finance.
• Any other duties as assigned by the Sub Awards Finance Manager
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Sub-Grants Finance Manager, with a dotted line to the Jordan Finance Controller
Position directly supervises: n/a
Indirect Reporting: n/a
Other Internal and/or external contacts: describe the nature of departments or groups the position influences or requires support from to accomplish objectives.
Internal: Jordan Finance Department, Jordan Grants Department, Jordan Cross-Border technical teams
Job Requirements: The requirements should establish a baseline (minimum) for educational background, previous work experience, professional knowledge or certification, specific skills and strengths and any other skill necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
• BA degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or related field.
• Approximately 2 years of relevant experience of finance or accounting experience is desirable.
• Work experience in Partnership, Audit, Sub Award monitoring, financial management is desirable.
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent skill with MS. Excel is a preferable.
• Ability to prioritize among multiple tasks.
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
• Fluency in English
• Excellent skill with MS. Excel is a must.
• Ability to prioritize among multiple tasks and make decisions.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Working Environment: The position is based in Amman with standard office work environment.