وظائف شاغرة لدى مجموعة ماجد الفطيم كارفور
The Legal Counsel is to provide the organization with effective legal services, advice, and representation for all legal issues either directly or with the support of external lawyers.
Role Details – Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for individuals and businesses.
- Gather evidence to formulate defence or to initiate legal actions, by such means as interviewing clients and witnesses to ascertain the facts of a case.
- Examine legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuit.
- Advise concerning business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits, or legal rights and obligations.
- Evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments in preparation for presentation of cases.
- Perform administrative and management functions related to the practice of law.
- Negotiate settlements of civil disputes.
- Confer with colleagues with specialties in appropriate areas of legal issue to establish and verify bases for legal proceedings.
- Prepare legal briefs, opinions and various legal documents.
- Analyse the probable outcomes of cases, using knowledge of legal precedents.
Personal Characteristics and Required Background
Skillset (job specific technical skills and behavioralcompetencies needed):
- Excellent business communication and presentation skills.
- BAR admission in one of the countries within the region is preferable.
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- English (Full professional proficiency – Required)
- Arabic (Full professional proficiency – Required)
- 4+ years’ experience as a Lawyer/in-house