All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values:
dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
1. Roles and Responsibilities
The Fleet Officer will manage fleet activities in Azraq camp and ensure the safe, efficient and cost effective management of NRC Vehicles & Drivers for all ongoing NRC programmes.
Generic responsibilities :
· Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
· Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action.
· Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
· Ensure proper filing of documents.
· Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
· Line Manage Fleet Technical Assistant (dispatcher) in his area of responsibility.
· Monitor fuel efficiency and driver road conduct and behavior of all vehicles and drivers
under their management.
· Ensure all fleet templates and reports – daily, weekly and monthly are properly completed
and submitted on time.
· Follow up on all fleet issues at their locations.
· work with the NRC Jordan security department to implement routines to better track the
whereabouts at any one time of NRC vehicles.
· Responsible for the day to day management of Azraq NRC fleet and the annual rental
contract for vehicles including coordination with Amman fleet office in regards to
accidents, insurance claims, new and replacement vehicles.
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organization to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional Competencies
Generic professional competencies for this position:
· Experience from working as a Support Function Officer in a humanitarian/recovery
· Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
· Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
· Some knowledge of English.
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
Qualification requirement: College/diploma degree or equivalent
Years of Experience: 3
· College/diploma degree or equivalent Years of Experience.
2. Behavioral Competencies
· Handling insecure environments
· Working with people
· Planning and delivering results
· Communicating with impact and respect
· Strategic thinking
· Empowering and building trust
3. Performance Management
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance
with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for
· The Job Description
· The work and Development Plan