CARE operates humanitarian programmes in for the hubs through-out Syria with a strategic focus on:
• Provision of humanitarian assistance (WASH, NFIs);
• Resilience centered programming with a key focus on food security and livelihoods;
• Gender and protection; and
• Strengthening the capacity of Syrian civil society.
The Safety and Security Assistant will provide support to the whole of Syria security team in providing support for travel, information management and regular reporting requirements. This positon will also support the Safety and Security Manager in coordinating and managing all safety and security related issues that have a whole of Syria focus.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
#1 Travel management
(25% of time)
- Coordinate with administration to make sure all Travel Authorization Forms are completed and approved through the Travel Approval email account
- Send out all pre-departure documents are shared with all new staff and visitors before any travel and make sure all required documentation is completed and returned to the security and administration team
- Monitor all travel around the hubs and keep a travel monitoring record up to date
- Liaise with hub security leads to make sure all security approvals from each hub is obtained for inter-hub travel
- Make sure all CARE staff visitors to the Syria office have constant companion and a telephone for duration of the visit.
- Support administration team for pre-arrival visa/approvals with the local authorities as required.
#2 Information management
(25% of time)
- Make sure all Red forms and Proof of Life forms are filled out and filed in a secure manner
- Update the and coordinate with CARE Jordan for the shared drive and updated with all key documentation
- Manage hub incident reports and maintain a central file on these.
#3 Safety and Security Briefing
(10% of time)
- Undertake security briefing for all new staff and visitors to the Country Office working closely with the South and Central Safety and Security Manager.
#4 Coordinating training needs and requirements
(10% of time)
- Develop of record of whole of Syria HEAT training needs and keep staff updated on all available HEAT courses
- Keep a record of staff safety and security training data base in conjunction with the HR team.
#5 Manage safety and security reporting requirement for all hubs
(15% of time)
- Working with all the hubs in consolidating monthly reports.
- Working with Regional Analyst on compiling information for Syria based analytical reports as required.
#6 Undertake building assessments in for the country office and south hub office
(5% of time)
- Work with Safety and Security Manager to undertake building assessments as required.
#7 Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
(10% of time)
- Education and training
Managerial Know How
Involves integrating and harmonizing requirements of diverse functions in operating, support, and administrative situations. It may be exercised through consultation as well as direct action; Management requires a combination of planning, organizing, controlling, and reviewing along with direct and indirect execution. Choose one of the following: Task; Minimal; Related; Diverse; Broad.
- This position requires (Minimal) managerial know-how.
- One years of experience in information management systems and tools
- Experience in database development, data collation process, data analysis and reporting.
- Experience in remote monitoring, with experience in remotely checking data for quality.
- Experience with writing and reporting in english.
- Ability to working with large-scale of data.
- Strong team player, able to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Flexible, Willingness to learn, creative and solution-oriented.
- Experience working with humanitarian/development organizations in developing regions or in conflict settings.
- Strong understanding of the Syria context.
- Experience tailoring technological solutions to unusual operating environments
- Technical skills
- Strong skills with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and other advanced applications for data management.
- Strong communitication skills in English and Arabic a must, both verbal and written.
- Good inter-personal skills, able to work effectively with multiple stakeholders in a complex, multi-actor environment.
- Technical knowledge in one or more of the following program areas: food security and livelihoods, water/sanitation, gender and protection.
- Willingness to learn and develop within the safety and security structure for NGO’s
- Good command of GIS software.
- Human relations skills
Consists of active practicing skills in the area of human relationships. In the work context Human Relations Skills include all capabilities that are needed to interact on a direct person-to-person basis, and through varied approaches build understanding of, acceptance of, or commitment to, courses of action that are important for the organization. These skills may be applied in relation to peers, subordinates or peers within the organization, or to people outside the organization. (See Guidelines for definitions).
- The Human Relations Skills for this position are designated as Basic