المدينة : عمان
رواتب 2207 دينار – وظائف شاغرة لدى وكالة الغوث – الانروا
UNITED NATIONS RELIEF AND WORKS AGENCY
FOR PALESTINE REFUGEES IN THE NEAR EAST
UNRWA is a United Nations agency established by the General Assembly in 1949 and is mandated to provide assistance and protection to a population of some 5 million registered Palestine refugees. Its mission is to help Palestine refugees in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, West Bank and the Gaza Strip to achieve their full potential in human development, pending a just solution to their plight. UNRWA’s services encompass education, health care, relief and social services, camp infrastructure and improvement, microfinance and emergency assistance. UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions. For its local team, where, UNRWA is seeking to employ a qualified:
Chief, Health Protection & Promotion
Vacancy Announcement Number
Deadline for Applications
16 May 2018
HQ Amman, Jordan
The incumbent of this post reports directly to Director of Health, D-2. In accordance with Agency policy and procedures, the incumbent will:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Plan, develop, direct and evaluate UNRWA’s health protection and promotion programme and ensure that its strategies, plan and programme are in line with World Health Organization (WHO) principles and are implemented effectively and efficiently. This programme includes;
– Integrated maternal health and family planning services;
– Child health care services;
– School health services and adolescent health;
– Nutritional surveillance and support;
· Provide technical guidance within the department and to the Fields as required on the design and conduct of health services research to assess health status and evaluate the relevance and effectiveness of the various programme components;
· Prepare and supervise the implementation of training programmes for development of health staff in the department and in the Fields, with the objective of enhancing the capabilities and skills of programme managers and other staff;
· Maintain close liaison with the concerned public health departments of the host authorities in the area of operations, UN Agencies and non-governmental organizations, for coordination of common programmes.
Professional Knowledge and Experience
· A university degree from an accredited educational institution in Medicine;
· An advanced degree in public Health;
· At least 10 years’ relevant experience of which five years should have been at a supervisory level related to planning, development and administration of health programmes;
· Excellent command of spoken and written English.
· UN Core Values:
– Respect for Diversity.
· Core Competencies:
– Working with People;
– Drive for Results apply by default;
– Default managerial competencies may apply.
· In addition, the following Functional Competencies applies:
– Proficiency in Agency’s standard PC applications; experience in management of computerized health service and epidemiological database;
– Comprehensive knowledge in the field of public health administration and, particularly, in planning, budgeting, management, monitoring and evaluation of health programmes and staff development;
– Ability to take initiative and maintain constructive relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
– Demonstrated ability to organize and implement training programmes;
– Experience in health services research techniques.
· Knowledge of UN and UNRWA rules and regulations Knowledge of UN and UNRWA rules and regulations;
· Knowledge of Middle Eastern cultures.
When the minimum requirements are not fully met, Field Director for Field Area staff and Director of Human Resources for Headquarters Area staff, in consultation with the concerned supervisor may exceptionally substitute part of the unmet requirements with a combination of relevant academic qualifications, additional professional training and progressive relevant work experience.
NB: Work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not considered an acceptable combination.
The incumbent of the post will be required to travel throughout the Agency’s area of operations in the Middle East.
Conditions of Service
The fixed term appointment is for 3 years including 1 year probation period. Monthly basic salary JD 2207.0 plus special occupational allowance of 25% of the basic salary. Other benefits include monthly Provident Fund contribution (15% of basic salary paid by the Agency), compulsory medical insurance, 30 days of annual leave, and dependency allowance (if applicable).
How to Apply
Applicants are required to register at http://jobs.unrwa.org by creating a personal profile and completing an UNRWA Personal History Form. Please note that UNRWA only accepts degrees from accredited educational institutions. Only applications received through http://jobs.unrwa.org will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your Personal History Profile is accurate, candidates shortlisted for test or interview will only be contacted by e-mail. No follow up phone calls will be made.
The United Nations does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, testing, interviewing, etc). The United Nations does not concern itself with information related to bank accounts.
UNRWA encourages applications from qualified and experienced women.
UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
This vacancy notice is open to internal and external candidates. As an Area post, preference will be given to local candidates already based in the duty station of the post.
UNRWA is a United Nations organization whose staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for human rights, for diversity, and for non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. UNRWA staff are expected to uphold these values at all times, both at work and outside. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs. UNRWA is a non- smoking work environment.
The Agency reserves the right not to make an appointment, to make an appointment at a lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.
On appointment, all individuals will be asked to sign a self attestation, confirming that they have not committed, been convicted of, or prosecuted for, any criminal offence and that they have not been involved, by act or omission, in the commission of any violation of international human rights law or international humanitarian law.
Gornan Wordpress News Theme By Hogom Web Design