Risk Management Officer
The Risk Management Officer is mainly responsible for determining the events which can influence FINCA Jordan activities and management of the risks related to those events. He/she is also responsible for controlling and maintaining the maximum permissible risk level in order to maintain continuous activities and sustainable development of FINCA Jordan.
In the course of implementation of current activities, the Risk Management Officer shall follow internal and external regulatory documents regulating FINCA Jordan activities.
Essential Duties include the following but not limited to:
(This list of duties does not free the employee from resolving issues and problems encountered at work, in accordance with the acquired knowledge, experience, qualifications and position)
- Develop individual directions of risk management in accordance with the bylaws and policies of FINCA Jordan on risk management.
- Determine the context, identification, analysis and methodology of risk management system..
- Support the process of risk management, train employees in the field of risk management, and develop the culture of risk management in the subsidiary.
- Document the process of risk management within the limits of business processes and directions.
- Control the process of risk reporting within the organization.
- Perform regular analysis of the loan portfolio and prepare the related gap analysis reports.
- Monitor the influence of changes in currency exchange and interest rates on the activity of the subsidiary.
- Identify and perform regular analysis on operational risks. Make recommendations for preventive actions.
- Classify analysis and support of the owners of business processes in the course of development of control procedures on risk mitigation.
- Control emergency, anti-crisis, and Business Continuity Management processes.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget of the department;
- Conduct relevant external and internal correspondences.
- Implement any other particular projects on risk management upon the requirement of the Risk and Internal Control Manager.
- Manage evaluation of the possible risks for the proposed new products, procedures and functions. Set up and manage internal control tools and instruments during implementation.
- Create and regularly revise Risk and Internal Control functional procedures to ensure efficiency and sufficient risk management approach.
- Report all risks faced by FINCA Jordan, including the key risk indicators, the risk limits, and risk appetite.
- When necessary, train other employees; share his/ her accumulated experience and knowledge with other employees.
- Accurate and timely fulfillment of any other tasks and duties as assigned by the Risk and Internal Control Manager.
Interpersonal skills, integrity and trustworthiness, diligence and responsibility, strong analytical and organizational skills, good communication skills.
Communication and Team Work
- Timely inform the Risk and Internal Control Manager on any changes in the activities which influence the work of the department.
- Maintain positive relationship with the employees of department, as well as with other units and departments.
- Be meticulous about his/ her work and treat the work with responsibility.
- Cover the absent employees of the department fulfilling the responsibilities of the latter.
Bachelor degree in, Economics, Finance, or any related field.
At least 2 years of experience in the same field.
- Native Arabic, Good level of English language