Zain Jordan is looking to hire
ZAIN4943 – System Administrator Team Member
About Zain Jordan:
In 1994, Zain revolutionized telecommunications in Jordan by introducing GSM mobile services into the country. The operator quickly became the foremost telecom company in Jordan, a position that it has maintained to this day, serving over 3.9 million customers as of September 30, 2013, reflecting a 39% market share. The operation offers 100% population coverage through its 3G-enabled network that is supported by a total of 1,794 sites. Through constant development of the telecommunications infrastructure and proactive marketing initiatives, Zain remains committed to offering customers in Jordan the most dynamic products and services. The foundation of Zain Jordan’s achievements lies in the company’s ability to inspire its employees to deliver the best and most imaginative services at every level. With an energetic and inspired Jordanian workforce, the company is committed to employing high caliber people as well as nurturing the finest Jordanian talent. With a strong HR and training program that develops and nurtures leaders in the workplace, the company has consistently opened new doors for its dedicated staff. For more on Zain Jordan please visit www.jo.zain.com
Installing, configuring and evaluating operating systems, software and hardware, as well as conducting necessary preventive and corrective maintenance, and recommending on replacements, modifications and upgrades accordingly, in addition to administering employees’ accounts including creating new accounts, removing accounts, access permission, resetting passwords…etc.
You will need to manage the following tasks :-
• Serve as the primary systems administrator for Linux servers and services.
• Monitor system performance and utilization using NAGIOS and other monitoring tools.
• Install, configure, and document new servers and applications
• Maintain and audit user accounts
• Maintain servers and system security according to Zain standards and Track vulnerabilities and apply appropriate patches and upgrades to Linux servers
• Generate statistics for operational review and planning
• Manage backup process and perform data recoveries as needed.
• Respond rapidly to system maintenance needs (24 hours).
• Assist with managing our VMware infrastructure and SAN.
• Managing Zain ISP Systems including: DNS BIND, Web and Email Hosting, FortiMail, CPANEL
• Work with the Systems Team in developing System Administration Policies and Systems Team long-range planning.
• Work with the Systems Team on security audit processes for all systems.
• Developing and programming scripts and points of integration to simplify administrational and provisional matters such as creating and removing accounts, managing access, monitoring security…etc.
• Conducting software and hardware evaluations, and recommending on replacements, modifications and upgrades accordingly.
• Should have strong OS administration skills on Linux ·
• Hands on experience on Red Hat Enterprise Linux System Administration. (version 4 ,5 and 6)
• Experience in Linux OS installation, Software and Patch management ·
• OS patching skills on UNIX ( Linux or Solaris) ·
• Support experience on VERITAS Volume manager and SAN related tools
• Strong knowledge on Solaris 9/10 or Redhat linux operating systems
WHAT DO I NEED?
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field
Experience: minimum 2 years experience as System Administrator
Technical Skills:Signaling SS7, IP related courses
THOSE SOFT SKILLS?
• Analytical Thinking.
• Results oriented