The Office of the United Nations World Food Programme in Jordan is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the following post:
||19 February 2017
||5 March 2017
||Service Contract (SC)
Information Management & Reporting
Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
The position will support WFP’s Amman Sub Regional Office (SRO) for the Syria crisis (covering Syria and five countries in the region: Lebanon, Jordan, Turkey, Iraq and Egypt) and will be located in Amman, Jordan.
The incumbent will work in the “Information Management, Reports and Analysis Unit” at SRO. He/she will report to the head of the unit.
Within delegated authority, the Graphic Designer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Works on development and consistency of products in terms of visual looks of public products produced for the operation;
- Continuously develop and upgrade the templates for Monitoring Reports, country specific Highlights and Factsheets for public dissemination;
- Works closely with the GIS Officer to format maps for wider presentation;
- Works closely with the GIS officer on the OpsFEED interactive web interface for use of Senior Management;
- Provides support to local communications campaigns in terms of leaflets and posters’ production;
- Provides support to briefing documents in terms of enhancing presentation as required;
- Develops new and innovative products including animated presentations and movies- at the request of management;
- Develops key infographics on progress of the operation; and
- Performs any other duties within his/her professional competence as required to support project objectives.
- Education: Bachelor Degree in Graphic Design.
- At least four years of progressively responsible support experience in Graphic Design.
- Previous experience in working in multi-cultural teams, with the UN and/or NGOs would be an asset.
- Knowledge: Advanced/professional skills and knowledge in the following software programs: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe After Effects , Autodesk Maya and Microsoft Office Publisher. Intermediate skills and knowledge in the following software programs: MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English/Arabic.
* important note: While updating your CV, please upload designs and product from you own past work.