The French section of Médecins Sans Frontières
is recruiting for its project in Amman.
Field Communication Officer
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. Médecins Sans Frontières is running a reconstructive surgery program at Al Mowasah Hospital in Amman and is seeking a Field Communication Officer (FCO).
Under the supervision of the Head of Mission or the Deputy, and the Communication Advisor in the Cell, the FCO contributes to the implementation of operational communication strategy in the mission according to MSF standards. Aiming at building MSF visibility, acceptance and leverage inside the country. Focusing on media alert, local media & social media management and content diffusion. S/he designs and develops the communication activities to raise awareness across a wide range of audiences.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
In charge of Social Media & “Traditional” Media Management and Monitoring
- The FCO establishes/improves and maintains regular relations with key regional & local media contacts
- The FCO invites and manages journalists, filmmakers, photographers
- The FCO participates to events for regional & local media (press conference, press briefing).
- The FCO handles media requests and facilitates media visits under the supervision of the Head of Mission
In charge of Content Production and Diffusion
- The FCO actively updates and diffuses through Social media MSF content in the country in local languages and among regional & local media.
- The FCO suggests communications tools to choose according to objective, message and audience
- The FCO draws attention of medical Medias (local and regional) on the highly advanced surgical technique and treatment performed in MSF Amman hospital
- The FCO helps producing international communications content by providing data, information, quotes, testimonies, pictures, videos in particular,
In charge of Internal Communication
- The FCO helps in promoting MSF external communications principles and material towards the national staff
- The FCO creates and edits the production of internal communication tools (newsletter, factsheets, etc.).
The FCO will participate in communication data-collection and reporting as required.
- Essential: degree in Journalism, Communications or related university degree
- Essential: proven working experience of at least two years in communications, journalism or public relations in the country.
- Experience in medical and international NGO is an asset
- Essential: previous working experience in dealing with media in the country and good networking and media relations skill
- Thorough knowledge of traditional media and good understanding of social media
- Proficiency in Arabic and English and excellent writing skills in both languages
- Excellent representations skills
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
WORK LOCATION: Amman
CONTRACT: Fixed term contract – Full Time – 6 months renewable
Probable start date: 1st of January 2018
How to apply: Interested applicants should submit their application in English containing curriculum vitae, letter of motivation and copy of certificates no later than the 21st of December 2017 to the following email address:
Please state the job title, Field Communication Officer, in English, in the subject line.
ONLY CANDIDATES MEETING THE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CALLED FOR AN INTERVIEW
Notice: No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.