Under the supervision of the Country Logistics Manager and Country Logistics Officer, the ITC Assistant is in charge of providing IT and Communication support to all users in the Syria mission and following up all assets at a country level.
The ITC Assistant is in charge of assets at the country level and his key responsibilities listed but not limited below:
Capital level – Asset management
– To receive, tag and register all new assets across the mission
– Follow up with both purchasing and finance to complete all relevant documents for compliance purposes
– Conduct periodic spot checks to ensure accuracy of the inventory
– Maintain assets in good working order and to follow-up on the repair/ replacement of assets
Country level – Asset follow up
– Conduct periodic inventory controls across the bases to ensure assets are correctly managed & registered
– Spot checks on individual users’ assets to cross check state of assets and verify the lists
Country level – other property follow up
– Conduct periodic inventory controls across the bases and capital to ensure assets are correctly managed & registered.- Quarterly checks to be conducted for all common assets and properties
The ITC Assistant is in charge of providing support to all users at the country level and his key responsibilities listed but not limited below:
Organisation and enforcement of procedures
– To create maintenance schedules for both shared IT resources as well as user issues equipment
– Periodic checks of key configurations (local backups, anti-virus, firewalls, etc.)
– Enforcement of exit procedures and data handovers (files, email backups)
– Data protection
HQ managed services/ purchases
– Liaise with HQ for email creation, management & removal
– Follow up on software purchases and licensing
– Local enforcement of global IT policy.
Common equipment maintenance & configuration
– Rationalisation IT purchases (printers, UPS, etc)
– Cost investigations and optimisation of consumables and running costs
– Ensure breakdowns/ replacements are enacted quickly and cost effectively
– Connectivity is assured – both for LAN and WAN connectivity
– Server configurations and maintenance
– Conduct preventative maintenance as far as is possible to minimise outages and cost
– Identification and replacement of failed components
– Data to be preserved as far is practical and cost effective
– Periodic formatting of computers to be carried out
– Monitor access permissions making the appropriate changes to enforce policy
– Maintain repositories of both drivers and software to keep equipment updated and functional
Ensuring Data (emails and documents) Backups for all ACTED staff
– Follow up the data backups on area servers or external hard disks for all staff on monthly bases to prevent any data loss if there was a hardware failure for the device.
– Ensure data backups for staff who are leaving the mission- Assuring the data security and external backups to prevent any data lose.
– Assisting in IT sourcing stage in the procurement.
– Assisting logistics to find new sources for IT procurement.
– Manage internet access for offices in Amman (Capital, REACH, Regional). Also, manage internet in Amman based guest houses.
– Assisting Area logistics to fix internet and communication problems upon need.
– Manage mobile SIM cards and make sure invoices are submitted to Finance to insure availability of service.
– Communicating providers to confirm SIM cards credit plans on monthly bases.
– Monitoring the internet service strength through bases and take proper actions to ensure good service connection.- Managing and monitoring the SIM cards stocks; including ordering and declining lines.
Training for Area logistics staff:
– Explain and train logistics staff in bases to make it easier for them to identify IT issues and to fix them.
Reporting & Filing:
The ITC Assistant is required to enforce the rules that are required for country reporting on all assets and communication at a country level:
– Record keeping both digital and hard copies.
– Accuracy of reporting and enforcement of required controls.- Working with FLAT to ensure compliance to both ACTED and donor requirements.
• University Education in a related discipline.
• Min 1 years work experience in a similar field with good knowledge of the local market.
• Fluent in spoken and written English with good communication skills.
• Excellent Computer Skills and Microsoft Offices.
• Excellent in calculations skills.
• Knowledge of logistics and supply chain activities.
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
• Self- motivated and able to work as a part of a team
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
• Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.• NGO Experience is required.