Action Contre la Faim (ACF) is an international non-governmental organization working in more than 40 countries in the fields of nutrition, food security and livelihoods, water sanitation and hygiene, and care practices. ACF is looking for its program in Jordan for Senior Logistic Officer
Work place: Amman
Monthly Basic Salary: 1052 JOD
To support Amman base in all logistics aspects.
Objective 1 : To organize and perform procurement at Amman level
- To receive Purchase Requests, sort and group them.
- To organize the purchases and ensure that the internal procedures of the ACF Kitlog are respected;
- To realize the purchases for support and programmes.
- If applicable, to ensure the contract terms are respected.
- To update the Procurement Tracker (PFU) with accurate information
- To ensure all procurement dossiers are properly mounted, scanned and archived at base level.
- To follow up all the procurement requests, with the requesters.
- To ensure delivery to the requesters
- To identify new suppliers
- To collect and capitalize information related to suppliers
- To participate in any other activities related to procurement / supply.
Objective 2 : To organize the vehicle fleet at mission level
- To supervise the drivers of Amman base.
- To plan movements of vehicles at Amman level (including kiss-movements with other bases).
- To book taxi if necessary.
- To gather the vehicles needs at mission level, on a monthly basis.
- To prepare the Procurement Request to reflect those needs and to communicate with the car rental company to order the suitable vehicles, as validated in the Procurement Request.
- To follow up with the logistics persons in each base regarding the maintenance needs of the vehicles.
- To list those needs and communicated with the car rental company to organize the maintenance in a timely manner.
- To get feedback from the base regarding the maintenance done by the car rental company.
- To allocate fuel credit on fuel cards (online platform) and to track the fuel expenses of the vehicles, to avoid shortages.
- On a monthly basis, to edit the fuel report (total expenses, vehicles consumptions…).
- To gather all fuel invoices and to prepare the procurement file.
- To follow up on the drivers absences and to inform the HoD logistics.
- To update the Fleet Tracker with all costs regarding vehicles.
- To report any misuse of vehicles.
- To report about general fleet situation to the HoD logistics.
Objective 3 : To ensure general maintenance of the Amman base premises:
- To ensure the Office and Guest houses are in good condition and to act on residents requests regarding maintenance / problems.
- To ensure supply of water, cooking gas and fuel (heating systems) for all premises.
- To follow up and request stationaries for the office, when needed.
- To ensure basic security of the premises is maintained (doors and locks, fire extinguishers, emergency numbers…)
- To ensure proper repairs are done, either directly or through contractors.
Diploma / Level of studies: Relevant degree in logistics and / or strong professional experience.
Required skills: Highly organized person, Rigour, Diplomacy, Strong capacity to prioritize, Resourcefulness, Capacity to negotiate.
Spoken and written proficiency in English and Arabic
This job description describes the main objectives & tasks. As this is not an exhaustive list, the employee may be requested to perform or participate to other tasks within the logistics framework.
The Employee may also be deployed on other duty stations, for short period of time, in order to assist other logistics team members.
Before applying, please make sure that you have read the requirements for the position and that you qualify.
Applications from non-qualifying applicants will most likely be discarded by the recruiting manager.
ACF is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.