The Embassy of Switzerland in Amman is representing Switzerland in Jordan and is responsible for following up of all projects of the Swiss International Cooperation in Jordan, Syria, Iraq and Turkey. The Embassy of Switzerland/Swiss Cooperation Office is looking for a Finance Officer.
Finance Officer – 100 %
The Finance Officer reports to the Regional Head of Finance, Personnel & Administration (CFPA).
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Finance Officer is responsible for the following tasks:
• Assisting in preparation of the annual Embassy budget;• Monthly budget controls of the Embassy Global budget.
2. Cash and Bank Management
• Focal person for local banks (administration, signatory management, etc.);
• Spot checks on petty cash box;
• Preparation of payments with local and international banks;
• Liquidity planning in coordination with National Program Officers and admin/finance team;• Monthly reconciliation of cash/ bank accounts.
• Booking of all financial transactions in internal software in conformity with internal guidelines;
• Following up on HQ requests related to accounting (corrections, settlement, special tasks);
• Preparation of financial aspects of monthly ICS, quarterly updated;
• Accurate filing of all accounting documents;• Coordination of accounting with the responsible person at Embassy location.
4. Project Cycle Management (PCM) / Contract Management• Contracts: entering payments in SAP software.
5. Reporting• Periodic compilation of reports according to specific requests from direct supervisor.
• Supports supervisor in organization of the external audit of the Embassy; • Assists supervisor in implementation of auditor’s recommendations.
7. HR Financial Tasks
• Assure collaboration with HR-Officer/CFPA regarding financial issues (administration, salaries including overtime, social insurances, etc);
• Follow-up on local staff advances. Ensure timely settlement of open positions;• Checking of travel claims and per diem statements of all Embassy staff.
8. Other Tasks
• Replacement of Senior Finance Officer during absences for selective tasks;
• The employee may be asked by the superior or management to execute other tasks that are notmentioned in these ToRs.
• Excellent written and oral knowledge of Arabic and English.
• Good IT knowledge and MS-office skills, knowledge in SAP is an asset.
• Pronounced personal, social skills.
• Proactive and flexible working style.
• High motivation and commitment for humanitarian aid.• Mature and trustworthy personality.
Experience and Education:
• Bachelor degree in Banking & Finance.
• Enthusiasm to work in a culturally diverse organization.
• Customer-service orientation; strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Self-motivated self-starter who is both able to work independently as well as take direction and follow procedures.• 10 years experience in the finance, preferably in an international environment.
Place of work: Amman with frequent travel in the country and in the region.
Beginning: February 1st, 2018.
Deadline: 20 of December 2017.
Contract: Unlimited Contract.