The Lutheran World Federation, world service department, in response to the Syrian refugee crisis, established operations in Jordan in 2012. The Lutheran World Federation is assisting refugees and vulnerable groups in Amman, Zarqa, Irbid, Mafraq and Za’atari camp. The Lutheran World Federation is running projects related to Education, WASH, Livelihoods, Protection, Rehabilitation and Humanitarian Assistance.
Scope of Work
The HR & Administration Assistant is responsible for providing assistance and support to the day-to-day management of the human resource & administration functions of the LWF office in Jordan program.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide both HR-specific and general administrative and secretarial support; answer department telephones, relay messages and distribute information to employees.
- Responsible on posting job ads both internally & through recruitment channel, reviewing resumes, Sending long list, conducting screening interviews, prepare for interviews, checking references, send regret emails to unselected candidates or job offers for selected candidate and ensuring new employee’s paper work is processed accurately and the job description of the new post is available signed and accurate.
- Assist as necessary with international staff issues, including -but not limited to- new hire paperwork, housing and other benefits arrangements and termination.
- Complete the Recruitment files and process frequently and ensure they are ready for audit.
- Assist in new hired orientation; Ensure that new employees are fully inducted into the organization utilizing induction materials and policies.
- Complete & File employee-related documents and administration archives.
- Maintain/Update the HR data base accurate and updated.
- Monitors staff attendance and leaves; ensures timely and accurate allocation completion of timesheets and send monthly vacation balance.
- Require the health enrollment forms, add/cancel employees from the health place check the outstanding cash claims, complete the record and follow-up the payments of the health insurance provider in coordination with finance department.
- Act as the focal point to discuss any medical related matters with the health insurance provider.
- Act as Focal point with the Social Security institution and ensure monthly form submission and follow on any other HR / Admin related documentation required by Jordanian Labor law per SHRO instruction.
- Prepare staff payroll and Issue Pay slips of employees at the end of the month after releasing the salaries.
- Assist in the entire process of Exit process for resigned staff and create monthly report.
- Complete the LWF clearance procedure for resigned staff and assist in final statements for SHRO and the finance department.
- Assist in tracking of training needs vs delivered trainings; provides periodic reports as required.
- Follow up with line managers on performance reviews completion at designated times and communicate results with SHRO.
- Update the organizational Chart.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive HR information at all times.
- Advice SHRO of any observed miss- use of LWF policies and/or regulation and recommend initiatives or best practice that would add value either for the organization and/or the HR department.
- Receiving all incoming calls through the LWFs’ switchboard and direct as necessary.
- Organizing the hosting meetings, training, events, and social activity by the LWF Jordan office and/or programs and welcoming visitors including but not limited to the coordination of venue, supplies, meals, schedules and itineraries.
- Arranging & Following International & National staff flight bookings, arriving, transportation and accommodations arrangement.
- Initiate the process & Follow with Legal Firm the work permits, Visitor visas, visitors’ permissions and any other related permits.
- Responsible for LWFs’ office equipment regularly check and scheduling repairs through logistics department whenever necessary.
- Support the SHRO in the management of contracts and landlord relationships with the Amman office and field offices of the LWF Jordan program.
- Support the SHRO in maintaining office safety and security procedures to be strictly followed by all staff.
- Type required official correspondence when required.
- Assist in translating documents from Arabic to English and vice versa.
- Update the contact list of employees regularly and share with all LWF staff on monthly basis.
- Overseeing the process of filling, both paper and electronic, related to all incoming and outgoing official correspondences and updated LWF Supplier contact list.
- Check the LWF mail box and distribute the receivable accordingly.
- Supervise the Cleaning of the office and Clearing Lady work.
- Carry out any other duties as requested by the LWF Jordan SHRO within scope of work.
LWF as an organization and LWF workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the code of Conduct.
- A minimum of a BA management, MIS or any related field.
- Minimum of two to three years’ experience as HR & Admin or one year experience with I/ NGO.
- Good English communication (Verbal & Written).
- Proven computer literacy, including good knowledge of MS Office.
• Good Communication & Interpersonal skills.
- Good culture awareness & Sensitivity.
- Proven ability to work independently and to meet tight deadlines.
- Service oriented; actively looking for ways to help people.
- Respect for confidentiality and reliability to keep information safe when needed.
- Strong Organizational & Positive work attitude and team player.
- Confidence, strong personality & sound professional judgment.
- Strong ability to multi task effectively.
- Coping with Change.