USAID Takamol Gender Program is a five-year program focusing on mainstreaming gender at the policy, national, and community levels. The objectives of the Program are to expand social dialogue on gender equality and strengthen enforcement and advocacy for female empowerment. USAID Takamol delivers support mechanisms, in-kind assistance, training, and/or grants to build the capacity of national and grassroots organizations including civil society actors, media, and government ministries, as well as supports USAID Implementing Partners to achieve gender equity and female empowerment. The Program is funded by USAID and implemented by IREX, an international nonprofit organization that builds a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world.
2.Context of the Assignment
To fulfill the program’s various anticipated translation needs, USAID Takamol is soliciting applications to establish a Preferred Vendors list of Translators. Takamol will evaluate applications based on overall price and experience. Selected vendors will be eligible for receiving specific task orders with a specific scope of work and timeline based on the availability, rates, and technical experience of translators on the Preferred Vendors List.
3.Scope of Work
USAID Takamol anticipates the following translation needs:
- Quarterly newsletters about the program, English to Arabic
- Translation of training materials, including Powerpoint presentations, training guides, handouts, and booklets from English to Arabic
- Translation of technical policy or research reports, in English to Arabic and/or Arabic to English
- Translation of internal programmatic documents from English to Arabic or Arabic to English
Some topics of documents to be translated may require a need for using precise gender-sensitive language or legal terminology. Other documents should use simple, easy to understand language. Translators with skills in editing for the purposes of making content easy to ready will be beneficial for some assignments. No technical specialty is required of translators who apply, but applicants are encouraged to note any specialization in the type of fields or materials they have experience translating.
4.Level of Effort
Each task order will define the number of words or pages to be translated. The level of effort for tasks may range, for example, from one to 40 pages.
Each task order will define the target timeline for completion. The timeframe for task orders may range from 2 days to several weeks depending on the product.
- At least two years experience providing translation services between Arabic and English
- Located in Jordan is preferred but not required
The USAID Takamol staff member who oversees the work will be identified in each task order. The overall framework consulting agreement will be managed by Chief of Party Nermeen Murad.
To be considered, consultants must provide the following information:
- CV highlighting the expertise in providing the services required
- Letter of interest describing relevant background and skills as related to the scope of work above. Letters of interest must also include translation rate(s). Applications that do not include rates will not be considered.
Applicants will be evaluated based upon price and demonstrated relevant skills. Finalists may be requested to submit translation samples. USAID-Takamol will review applications on a rolling basis until a Preferred Vendors list of at least three individuals is identified. This posting will be removed when all openings are filled.