Scope of Work:
The Education Officer will be responsible for implementation of the soft component of the education project in line with approved project document(s). He/She will support the Education Project Manager in ensuring quality and timely implementation of activities as per the project implementation plan(s).
The EPO will further support the EPM in development of project documents and in promoting close collaboration with other stakeholders at appropriate coordination form. In addition, the EPO will ensure adherence and promotion of LWF and donor policies, including child safeguarding guidelines.
Strategy and Planning
- Identify and monitor issues related to curriculum design and training CBO, MoE, … etc, and inform the EPM accordingly.
- Provide advice to EPM on curriculum and assessment development and implementation within a four-year cycle context to support quality assurance processes.
- Analyze trends in education and provide clear recommendations for interventions.
Project Cycle Management
- Together with EPM in planning and execution of project activities according to the education project proposal and overall implementation framework, specifically on soft component.
- Design curriculum and assessment resources.
- Provide professional advice and technical support to review plans and project committees.
- Be responsible for the timely implementation and reporting of education project’s activities ensuring quality delivery as per implementation plan.
- Conduct regular site visits, documenting the project progress and reporting weekly basis to EPM.
- Prepare Arabic monthly updates to MoE and review with EPM before sharing the reports.
- Provide weekly English report about soft component activities to EPM.
- In collaboration with the EPM, He/she is responsible for developing training materials and ensuring successful deliver of the trainings to the targeted beneficiaries.
- In collaboration with the MoE and school authorities, provide ongoing supportive supervision to teachers on areas of capacity enhancement.
- Work with school authorities to ensure Hygiene promotion and awareness conducted in targeted schools using appropriate techniques and materials.
- Follow up with achieved results (Indicators) through their ability to develop, refine and present assessment and quality assurance training programs.
- Responsible for the development M&E tools to ensure projects are effective implemented and implement monitoring and learning are documented.
- Review, study and analyze all the training documents for MoE teachers and bring any inconsistencies to the notice of the EPM.
- Closely monitor all conducting training sessions that are in progress and prepare weekly status reports and document any specific actions taken to ensure that the work progresses in full compliance with signed MoU and PMF.
- Prepare the work plan to ensure project implemnetation activities acuurately.
- Actively support EPM in team meeting and staff capacity.
Program Coordination & Networking
- Assist the PM in attending the coordination and share learnings with other technical departments to ensure a common approach, synergy and sharing of information.
- Participate in any assessment as required by donors.
- Assist EPM in represent LWF externally and collaborate/coordinate with local NGO’s and CBO’s.
- Assist EPM in represent LWF-Jordan in sub-sector working groups of the UN humanitarian coordination system as appropriate.
- Prepare procurment plan for all necessary items of the training sessions.
- Coordinate with logistic team for all logistical needs and requirements including transportation.
- Based on project implementation plan and other agreed needs, raise the necessary PR’s on time as per procurement guidelines.
- Guide and supervise the Education Assisstants or other staff assigned to you for the completion of learning process.
Staff Development and Management
- Assess capacity requirements of staffs and propose measures to address identified capacity gaps as determine by PM & EPM.
- Carry out any other duties as requested by the Education Project Mnaager and LWF Programs Manager.
- Bachelor Degree in Pedagogy or Education or any relevant speciality.
- Minimum of two years teacher education experience, including familiarity with different pedagogical approaches and experiential teaching and learning.
- One year relevant work experience with INGO essential.
- Experience of working with or within the Jordanian MoE system.
- Experience in the field of training.
- Fluent in Arabic. English is intermediate.
- Experience with SPHERE, INEE and Core humanitarian Standards.
- Proven computer literacy, including good knowledge of MS Office.
- Facilitation skills.
- Experience of needs assessment, mentoring and support.
- Experience of and commitment to participatory approaches to aid and development.
- Commitment to the ideals of LWF including Child Protection Policy, Code of Conduct, Accountability Framework and LWF Gener Justice Policy.
- Ability to plan, organise and manage own time.
- Able to develop and support other team members and national staff.
- Work flexibility and environmental adaptation.
- Able to manage own work and resources in order to meet time-bound objectives.
- Able to develop and maintain effective relationships with beneficiaries, colleagues, donors and other agencies’ staff.