M&E Specialists, USAID / Jordan Monitoring & Evaluation Support Project, Jordan
The Monitoring & Evaluation Support Program (MESP) will provide evaluation assistance, M&E training and support, and strategic communications assistance to the USAID Mission in Jordan as well as local implementing partners. The program will enable the Mission to fulfill its performance monitoring, evaluation, reporting, and information sharing as mandated by Agency guidance.
The Subject Matter M&E Specialists will provide specific expertise in their relevant fields of experience during data collection and verification activities. MSI is looking for M&E specialists with specific technical backgrounds in one or more of the following areas:
- Democratic governance
- Economic growth
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Jordanian citizenship will be considered.**
- Serve as evaluation team members on specific evaluations and assessments conducted by the program as required.
- Help technical teams develop/articulate the theory of change or development hypotheses and critical assumptions on which program/project success depends.
- Identifying appropriate performance indicators for tracking results and monitoring critical assumptions and/or preparing comprehensive performance monitoring plans.
- Work with technical teams to define the quality of outcome/impact evidence that will be needed from their programs/projects and defining appropriate longitudinal, quasi-experimental and/or point in time evaluations for integration into comprehensive M&E plans for programs and projects.
- May design/conduct baseline studies to establish initial status on program performance indicators, including institutional assessments, large scale surveys that gather information on continuous and/or categorical variables, etc.
- May develop/implement quasi-experimental evaluation designs or fully randomized research trials.
- Conducting data quality assessments to determine the validity, reliability and integrity of performance data gathered to monitor program performance.
- At least five years of relevant M&E experience or technical experience in one of the above mentioned fields.
- Experience in indicator development, data collection and analysis, data quality assessments, and/or performance monitoring and reporting.
- English fluency required.
- Familiarity with current USAID policies related to evaluation and performance management beneficial.
- A university degree in a related field preferred.