Technical Finance Officer
Role Specific Information
The role of the Technical Finance Officer is to assist the finance coordinator by making sure that the budgets are prepared in accordance to NRC and donor requirements and are submitted on time he or she will develop budget management tools and conduct trainings to improve efficiency and donor compliance.
- Management of project staff. Implement plan of action for delegated portfolio of support function’s projects (activities, budget and project documentation).
- Day to day follow of progress in project implementation.
- Ensure adherence and compliance with NRC policies, support function tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer of key skills. Liaison and collaborate with relevant local authorities and stakeholders.
- Promote the rights of internally displaced/returnees In line with the advocacy strategy.
- Under the supervision of the finance coordinator will assist in preparing the NRC Master budget following the NRC standard format to meet the required deadlines.
- Ensure regular update of the Master budget that will serve as a guide for all new donor proposal.
- Provide recommendation for funding coverage for the Master budget.
- Assist the finance coordinator for new budget preparations.
- Work with the finance coordinator for the monthly shared cost allocation.
- Assist the finance coordinator in conducting regular training sessions on budget Management to program, support and finance staff. Keep the authorization table up to date.
- Review PRs & CBA and advise charge codes. Provide detailed analysis and tables for long term allocation.
- Ensure proper filing of all financial documents.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for candidates with a Bachelor’s degree with minimum 3 years of experience. Working experience on budget preparation, budget management. This job requires strong analytical skills to be able to make logical and strategic budget decision, with Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels, to have the ability to analyze data and trends for informed decisions and Capacity building skills.
In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world’s biggest displacement crisis.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early as applications will be screened as received and position will close once a suitable candidate is identified.
Contract period: 10 months
Salary/benefits: 1347 JOD (subject to social security and Income tax)
Duty station: Amman
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.
NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
B: Please enter your specific city of residency in Jordan in your application.
NRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees). Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment of fees are fraudulent. Victims of such scams should report them to their local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.