Job Function/ Description:
Under the direction of the SES II Finance Manager, primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- The Senior Finance Officer duties include administration of the financial system. This includes monitoring expenses and budgets within SES II project to comply with Blumont and donors’ policies and procedures.
- supervises Finance Officers / Accountants
- Trains and reviews the work of Accountants/Finance Officer.
- Reviews, checks and provides financial approval for the bid analysis & canvass sheets done by procurement department in compliance with Blumont and USAID policies.
- Prepares Donor financial reports (e.g. IPFR Expenses report, staffing lists)
- Prepares the monthly close out Journal entries.
- Monitors budgets on a monthly basis, and monitor all expenditure, PRFs, cheques printed, payments made, oversee receipt of goods, processing of journal entries.
- Works on the computerized financial management system (Cost point) to present and interpret data and make recommendations as required.
- Maintains financial records and accounts (including financial archives)
- Complies with and assist with the implementing of policies and procedures
- Reviews of the budget against actual expense.
- Tracks the transaction related to SES II project (preparing CDs, CAs and posting in to general ledger).
- Tracks of grant budgets and every-day project expenses.
- Reviews cash flow position of grants, and check accuracy of calculations.
- Ensures that all financial transactions for the project meet all accounting and audit guidelines and procedures.
- Reviews staff updates as per information from HR.
- Maintains records/bank file Blumont field office reports and financial documents.
- Reconciles cash transactions with the cashbook and reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Works on monthly bank reconciliations for Blumont bank accounts.
- Ensures that all financial transactions for the projects meet all accounting and audit guidelines and procedures.
- Allocates account codes to each transaction in accordance to the chart of Accounts.
- Maintains and updates files for payment documents and send them to HQ office on a monthly basis
- Supervises the sending/uploading of reports, vouchers and financial statement to HQ office on a monthly basis.
- Other duties as assigned by the Finance Manager
Required Skills & Experience:
- A University degree in Accounting, finance or similar field is required, CMA, CPA is plus.
- Minimum of five (5) years related experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills both Arabic and English.
- Good knowledge and experience in Social Security and Tax Law is required.
- Experience working in a similar position in an NGO or an international organization is required.
- Computer literate with high degree of proficiency and productivity.
- Experience with Costpoint or similar accounting software is preferred.
- Knowledge with USAID Policies & regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues. Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- Must be flexible, willing to perform other duties, and work irregular hours.
- Tactfulness, enthusiasm towards assigned tasks, good human relationship skills, integrity, honesty, and the ability to work under pressure to accomplish work tasks within assigned time periods.
- Good communication skills, Strong team player with high team spirit and positive attitude.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change.
- Ability to coordinate and lead team members.
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a group.