The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Since 2007, IRC has worked with refugees and other vulnerable populations in Jordan. IRC’s programs in Jordan focuses on urban interventions in the north that address gender-based violence specifically violence against women and girls for Syrian refugees and host community members as well as reproductive health care to Syrian refugees through two clinics based in Ramtha and Mafraq and a primary health care facility in Zaatari refugee camp. Since January 2013, IRC also carries out Child Protection programs in Syrian refugee camps, providing specialized services for the identification, support and protection of unaccompanied children (UAC) and other children at risk.
The position will beresponsible for maintaining the data related to the health services at the IRC Azraq Reproductive health facility using the standard IRC health data collection tools and HIS.
Major Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of the Information Management Officer for Azraq and working in close collaboration with the clinical staff in the health facility, the data entry receptionist will be responsible for performing the following duties:
- Responsible for the overall data management and record keeping at the health facility
- Report on monthly basis the updated HIS to the Information Management Officer for Azraq
- Welcome and greet all patients and visitors at the clinic
- Registering new patients and updating existing patient demographics
- Facilitate patient flow and reducing bottlenecks
- Respond to patient inquiries
- Protects patient confidentiality by ensuring health information is secured and not leaving the computer unattended
- Receive and convey messages
- Liaise with GPs and other health professionals
- Make appointments for return patients
- Archiving the patients’ file and documents
- Place orders for stationary and clerical supplies
- Any other administrative duties assigned by the supervisor
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Information Management Officer for Azraq
Position directly supervises: none
Indirect Reporting: Health Manager for Azraq
Other Internal and/or external contacts.
Internal: Clinical staff at the health facility
Education: Bachelor degree in information technology or related field
Work Experience: at least one years working experience on similar position
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Proficiency in Windows operating system
- Proficient in word/excel
- Good communication skills verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Skill in preparing and maintaining records and responding to both oral and written enquiries.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical and clinic staff and the public.
- The ability to respond calmly and effectively in stressful situations.
- The ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Language Skills: Fluent in Arabic
- Certificates or Licenses: none
This job description can be modified at any time according to changes in the IRC activities or in the context
The IRC is providing Primary health Care services to the Syrian Refugees and vulnerable Jordanian communities in Mafraq and Ramtha through fixed clinics and a Primary Health Care facility in Zaatrai refugee camp. The IRC started Reproductive Health care service delivery at Azraq refugee camp in 2017. This position will be primarily based in the IRC health facility in Azraq refugee camp but will also provide the required services in Mafraq and Ramtha clinics when needed. The security situation in the IRC intervention areas is generally calm and the security department of IRC shares regular security updates to keep the management and staff informed about the new developments.