وظائف شاغرة لدى السفارة البريطانية في الاردن
View Vacancy – Entry Clearance Assistant
The British Embassy in Amman has 1 vacancy for the position of Entry Clearance Assistant (ECA), Grade – A2 (L).
UK Visas & Immigration is part of the United Kingdom Home Office. The international arm operates decision making hubs throughout the global network. The largest visa hub processes up to 300,000 applications a year; Amman is a medium sized visa hub with an annual intake of approximately 45,000 applications. Our team is committed to providing a first class service, and are expected to be flexible, make fair and defensible decisions on visa applications quickly, balancing the need for a high level of customer service with the requirement to maintain the integrity of the immigration control.
Purpose of the job
The main purpose of the job is to provide a high quality, efficient and non-discriminatory visa service that meets published service standards, and to provide all visa applicants with a firm fast and fair service in line with the UK Immigration Rules. UKV&I Amman is one of our busiest posts with an annual intake of approximately 80,000 applications. This job may particularly appeal to you if you would like to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment as part of a large and diverse team of people, committed to achieving clear service delivery goals.
The main elements of the job include:
- Supporting Entry Clearance Officers and Entry Clearance Managers in the delivery of the UK Border Agency International Group’s key objectives: secure borders, making fast and fair decision and the prevention of crime and terrorism;
- Dealing with correspondence and other enquiries from applicants, sponsors and members of the public. Preparing well-presented and accurate replies, written in plain English, within target times;
- Assist preparing written statements and paperwork related to the appeals process, and making sure that they are also well presented and accurate
- Assist with visa writing and ensuring a secure environment is maintained
Key Competences Required for the Job:
- Leading and Communicating: Effectiveness in this area is about leading from the front and communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. It’s about establishing a strong direction and a persuasive future vision; and managing and engaging with people with honesty and integrity.
- Collaborating and Partnering: People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done. At all levels, it requires working collaboratively, sharing information and building supportive, responsive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, whilst having the confidence to challenge assumptions.
- Managing a Quality Service: Effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
- Seeing the Big Picture: Seeing the big picture is about having an in-depth understanding and knowledge of how your role fits with and supports organisational objectives and the wider public needs. For all staff, it is about focusing your contribution on the activities which will meet Civil Service goals and deliver the greatest value.
- Making Effective Decisions: Effectiveness in this area is about using sound judgement, evidence and knowledge to provide accurate, expert and professional advice. It means showing clarity of thought, setting priorities, analysing and using evidence to evaluate options before arriving at well reasoned justifiable decisions.
- Good communication with excellent spoken and written English;
- Computer literacy with accurate typing skills;
- The ability to remain customer focused, courteous and maintain performance under pressure;
- The ability to work quickly and reliably with little supervision to meet challenging targets;
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail in all workloads;
- Excellent team player;
- Flexibility and a positive attitude to working in a forward thinking, modern and motivated department, which is working at the forefront of visa work. We are committed to improving standards and procedures – and we are looking for like-minded employees;
- Be an excellent representative of the Visa team, the British Embassy and of the UK Government.
Working Hours and Remuneration:
The successful applicant would be expected to start work by April/May and will also need to pass (or have passed) the necessary internal security clearances and residence requirements before starting to work.
This is a full time position with a one-year rolling contact working in a busy section with 37 core hours a week at the Embassy’s A2(L) grade. Leave entitlement is 25 days a year plus 14 public holidays.
Pay is on the Embassy A2 scale – JD 1097
The successful applicant will need to:
- Observe the Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s diversity and equality policies;
- Show some flexibility over working hours
- Be cleared to Confidential – or be in a position to obtain.
- Have 2 years recent visa experience
Information for applicants:
- A written test may be required as this job requires excellent written English;
- The vacancy is offered on the basis of fixed term contract for 12 months – renewable based on performance, further details of the package/benefits are available upon request.
If you are selected for the position, we will be able to employ you as long as you:
- Receive the appropriate level of standard security clearance;
- If appropriate, have permission from the Jordanian immigration authorities to take employment.
This job may particularly appeal to you if you would like to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment as part of a large and diverse team of people, committed to achieving clear service delivery goals.
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online.
- Updated Curriculum Vitae.
- Please provide examples of performance in each competency on the motivation section of the online application form.
- A covering letter stating why you feel you have the necessary skills to perform well in the above role.
This vacancy is for internal and external candidates (or spouse/partner of an employee working for the FCO or another UK Government Department also welcome)
The closing date for applications is 21 April 2018.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted for assessment will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearance and if appropriate, have permission from the Jordanian immigration authorities to take employment.
Staffs recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local Jordanian labour law.
The British Embassy Amman is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.