Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and dispenses medication orders per physician request according to established policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Interprets medication orders and transcribes to computerized patient medication profiles accurately.
- Compounds and dispenses pharmaceuticals, including sterile and chemotherapy medications.
- Issues controlled substances to patients and nursing staff and maintains records as required by law.
2- Ensures safe, appropriate, cost effective medication therapies for patients according to established policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Monitors drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, allergies, and appropriateness of drug and dose.
- Detects and reports suspected adverse drug reactions accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provides drug information to patients and their families.
Education & Professional Experience (essential minimum requirement):
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy Degree.
- Must have a practice permit.
- Work Schedule: Weekdays, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
- Excellent command of oral and written English as well as organizational skills.
- Computer proficiency (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook).