Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
About the MENA region
The MENA (Middle East and North Africa) region implements and manages programmes in Yemen, Occupied Palestinian Territories, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, and Jordan.
Programms within the MENA region reflect Oxfam’s approach to work across the globe. We support self-reliance, not dependency, and to complement our work on the ground we strive to secure lasting change through our campaigning.
We also put women at the heart of all we do. The majority of people living in poverty are women and girls, and so this focus helps us to achieve our mission to overcome poverty and suffering.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
Contract Length: until the end of December 2019, renewable.
Benefits: Oxfam offers staff a comprehensive benefits package including annual leave entitlements, sick pay provision, medical cover plus opportunities for learning and development, part-time option, flexible working hours.
It is Oxfam’s policy to hire at the minimum to middle of the band, depending upon the skills and experiences of the strongest candidate.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Job Purpose – Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
To provide human resources support, to enhance the organisation’s performance through our people.
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge Dimensions:
- Supervise/monitor resources within defined boundaries or a specialist area, which may include people, assets and/or budgets.
- Provide support and advice to managers on areas of work covered in their remit.
- Provide support for and implements operational plans to agreed standards.
- Assist with the development of solutions to diverse and complex problems and develops solutions to more routine problems.
- Apply information received in a variety of formats primarily from internal sources.
- Flexibility to anticipate and resolve challenges within the operational context.
- Impact of this role is significant within the department and could have some impact division(s)-wide.