: Africa & Middle East-Jordan-Amman
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Reduce referrals/ offerings
Make use of e-channels, including e-advice, Infomanager, GEMS, TING, S2B,Barcoded Forms
- Participate in Customer Forums
- Technology Stability
- CIB – Enhance clients number of visits through CSG and senior Ops Management team
- Participate in hubbing initiatives, and other projects assigned.
- To contribute to the bank’s One Bank One Team initiative.
- Build a support “Sales” culture in operations by
- Working as a member of a larger, ‘engaged’ team (i.e. across departments of the bank)
- Ensuring delivery standards are as per the Service Level Agreements in force with other departments.
- Contributing to the betterment of customer service, operational efficiencies.
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
Guarantees/Import /Export/ OAF (Local and OBU) – to perform the following functions:
- To ensure all trade transactions are accurately processed/input in accordance with the customers’ instructions and according to the bank’s operational instructions to protect both the customer’s and Bank’s interest. Ensure customer satisfaction, zero errors, no customer complaints, no duplication of payments etc
- Follow up GBS Team for Proper process and better TAT.
- Handle LPU transactions as per the agreed SLA.
- To ensure that all transactions are finalized in a timely manner and within the agreed service standards defined by the Bank for a particular customer and product.
- To keep safely customer documents and also keep accurate and complete records/files for all transactions as per policy and country law
- Take appropriate corrective action and escalate problems
- To maintain cordial relationships with Key Trade Services relations and to ensure understanding of business needs, customer satisfaction, zero errors, no customer complaints, no duplication of transactions etc
- To participate in BCP/DRP Testing at all times
- Improving processing productivity
- Maintaining a low transaction processing error rate
- Contributing to process improvements
- Ensuring strict adherence to delegation of authorities
- Establishing/ maintaining effective communication with RMs, Branches, Sales teams
- Being responsive to issues raised, mails forwarded
- Acting on customer complaints as per SLA
- Submitting required MIS, KPI, data analysis as per management request (includes daily volume tracking, contributing to monthly/ periodic analysis, etc.)
- To perform monthly BKCSA.
- To perform daily/ monthly Reconciliation.
- To check and perform daily COPMAN.
- To contribute in testing system enhancement/ Trade Projects.
- To provide proper training to any new Joiner / Relationship Managers.
- Handling Offshore transactions.
- Reporting Sales Opportunities to Business.
- Review in county and OBU DOIs and Process Notes
People and Talent
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. .
- Training (technical) and self development.
- Improve team engagement levels.
- High Team work.
- Understand, analyse each process supported by the department
- Ensure key controls are appropriately defined, implemented
- To participate in Jordan BCP/DRP Testing to ensure that functionality at all times
- Guard against control lapses
- Maintain an up to date KCSA, DOI/Process Notes. Ensure effective implementation
- Maintain and follow up on risk inventory; effectively prioritize risk.
- Ensure adherence to key group policies
- Maintain a healthy control environment; audit ratings to be graded satisfactory.
- Ensuring transactions are processed in accordance with Group policies, key being
- AML Policy
- Sanctions Policy
- Compliance Policies
- Group Delegation of Authority Manual
- Group Operation Risk Policy
- Local BCP document
- To ensure compliance with internal and external requirements
Job Holder may also be called upon to support other Officers/ Managers in the implementation of the control self assessment checks in other departments, as well as to support the implementation of an effective business continuity plan.
Ensure that he/ she are fully aware of all the policies and procedures issued in relation to money laundering prevention and various Group policies on sanctions. He /she must ensure compliance with these policies and procedures on an ongoing basis. Any suspicious transaction must immediately be reported to the supervising officer or Head CIB operations or UORM or Head legal and compliance..
- Ensure compliance with the Laws of the land and in particular, facilitate the implementation of the bank’s compliance risk management framework.
- To ensure that the bank’s information systems are used per prescribed policies, and in particular, to ensure that passwords are never shared/ compromised.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Jordan /ITO/Trade Services to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Central Bank Regulator
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in [Jordan / Trade unit
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
A Job Holder role is transferable between the sub-departments and hence requires an aptitude for learning new skills, supporting fresh initiatives in a relatively short time-frame.
In particular, this role requires the Job Holder to
- Serve as a back up to another Operations team member, which could be in the same/ another department.
- Impart training to another team member (in the same/ another department) on work performed so as to have an effective back up.
The ability to work as part of a team, increase visibility within and outside the department, handle tasks independently are key factors in determining eligibility for promotion to the next level.
Our Ideal Candidate
- A University Degree or equivalent is however desirable
- Sound knowledge of operational aspects of relevant Trade Services products and Trade Systems. Also necessary to understand all the trade services products. Pass in at trade skills assessments (elearnings).
- Knowledge of Banking and Trade Services operations.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the provisions and definitions contained in the ICC Uniform Rules
- Good understanding of Operational Risk including Money Laundering, Sanctions and Know Your Customer Group requirements & policy, Trade Document Operation Instructions (DOI).
- Languages: Arabic and English (speaking/ writing and reading)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.