Country Finance manager / Local Business ControllerADD JOB TO SHORTLISTAPPLY NOWTake the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.ABB’s Electrification business offers a wide-ranging portfolio of products, digital solutions and services, from substation to socket, enabling safe, smart and sustainable electrification. Offerings encompass digital and connected innovations for low- and medium-voltage, including EV infrastructure, solar inverters, modular substations, distribution automation, power protection, wiring accessories, switchgear, enclosures, cabling, sensing and control.
You will be working as a Country Finance Manager and Local Business Controller and will be a part of the Electrification Business based in Jordan. In this role you will be reporting to Country CFO and will be responsible for supporting effective business decisions by monitoring, analyzing., interpreting financial data to evaluate various business alternatives and recommend the most appropriate business solutions. Acting as business partner to the relevant business manager. Leading local controlling teams to optimize financial performance within an assigned business. Ensuring that cross-business fiduciary finance requirements are duly met and complied with.Your responsibilities
• Serving as the key partner for the relevant business leader in determining strategy for area of responsibility, aligning with wider strategy, implementing, and adjusting in implementation as needed. Maintaining constant contact with relevant managers and controllers regarding financial, market and customer situation and outlook.
• Translating strategy into business plans and establishing measurable targets. Overseeing business planning and forecasting process for the area of responsibility and serving as the interface to HQ (Headquarters) or Country CFO or Global or Local Division Manager. Evaluating financial implication of various strategic decisions, building scenarios and recommending actions.
• Monitoring progress achieved and providing insight and analysis to support operational decision making. Identifying issues and advising management on action plans and operational strategies to resolve. Driving appropriate cost structure, productivity optimization, and capital efficiency. Managing and monitoring cash flow and acting to improve Net Working Capital.
• Identifying and communicating commercial, financial risk and opportunities from business propositions. Executing risk review procedures and processing in line with global policies and standards to minimize commercial and financial risk and exposure.
• Establishing and overseeing processes and tools necessary to obtain transparent and reliable financial data and business information. Ensuring high quality of financial data and business information in line with defined standards and financial closing schedules.
• Ensuring transparency in financial reporting and disclosure. Defining and implementing internal controls regarding financial and non-financial operations. Ensuring compliance with corporate and country standards, regulations, and guidelines. Supporting internal and external audits.
• Ensuring timely and efficient communication with relevant local or country or region controllers, accounting center and other internal customers to identify and discuss issues for improvement of operations and guidelines.
• Implementing and ensuring compliance with global and local standards, rules, tools, policies and processes related to operations or project execution and sharing functional best practices. Ensuring the accuracy of the financial statement reported in the country by the local sales & marketing function.
• Guiding, motivating and developing direct or indirect subordinates within HR policies.
• Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
• A bachelor’s degree or Post graduate degree in Accounting & Finance.
• Minimum 7 to 10 yrs. of exp in finance and business controller profile
• Good communication and presentation skills is required.
• Retirement plan
• Medical insurance
More about usBring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.