Senior Accounting Officer
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:Under the line management of the Finance Coordinator, the Senior Accounting Officer will be part of the coordination team based in Amman. He/she will responsible for the consolidation of Syria mission’s financial data, of its analysis and will support the application of financial and accounting procedures on the mission. He is also responsible of the cash forecasts and cash deliveries into our field areas and of liaising with our cash facilitators.As such he/she will work in close coordination with the Finance Department of each hub (Lebanon, Jordan and Syria), and will have to travel on the field to ensure an adequate implementation of HI procedures.The Senior Accounting Officer position involves dealing with confidential data and requires utmost integrity. Hierarchical & Functional links:
- Line manager: Finance Coordinator
- Line manager+1: Support Service Coordinator
- Team Managed: Finance Officer
- Technical support to Finance Department of each hub (Central,NES, North) and Coordination.
REPONSIBILITIES:1. Accountancy Compilation and Control
- Receive, control, correct, consolidate and close on a monthly basis the accountancy sent by the Finance Department of each hub;
- Control, correct, close on a monthly basis the accountancy of coordination base and provide support to the finance officer.
- Ensure that all financial allocations are accurate as per the financial allocation tools, (Financial Plan, TAFF NAT, TAFF Expat, OFU, Budgets and Project Budget Management Tools)
- Provide each hub with a comprehensive feedback on the accountancy in order to explain the correction done, and to identify rooms for improvement;
- Send the compilation of monthly Accountancy closure to HQ and provide with additional information if necessary;
- Receive the comments from HQ, dispatch the comments to each hub, receive feedback and make a final control before sending back to HQ;
- Provide technical support to each hub for all issues faced on Navision and all questions related to Accountancy;
- Act as focal point between HQ and hubs for all issues related to Accountancy, and make sure communication is fluid without any loss of information;
- Ensure support to Finance Department of each Hub in the implementation of accounting SOP’s with HI Hosting Mission;
- Manage all the accounting part for yearly and mid-year closure.
- Make sure all hubs are respecting deadlines for monthly accountancy closure.
- Where needed, provide remote support for monthly closure;
- Receive all Bank and Cash Reconciliations from all hubs, check and forward to HQ as per the financial calendar. In case of any differences in cash or bank reconciliations ask the hubs for justification and incident report.
- Update on monthly basis the Key Performance Indicator tool for all hubs and share with Finance Coordinator.
- Ensure that Exchange Rate tool is properly filled by each hub and is received with the accountancy pack.
- Realize sample checking of invoices from each hub, add electronic signatures and keep all the samples separately in monthly accountancy folder.
- Check with each hub for pending validation of partner’s expenses and try to expedite the process of validation.
- Follow up the archives status of the accounting documents for each HUB, and make sure the archive follow up for each HUB are updated each month. Alerts must be raised to the Finance coordinator.
- Accounting documents are uploaded on Filezilla and Scan it on monthly basis.
- Cash-flow Management
- Ensure the consolidation of the monthly cash request, the liaison with HQ, and the consistency of the cash flows to the different hubs and coordination;
- Liaise with hosting missions for any issues related to cash-flow and/or bank account;
- Manage the bank accounts and cash boxes at coordination base
- Act as focal point with the bank
- Be in charge of bank withdrawal for Amman cash needs
- Receive cash transfer request from Hubs, check them and share them to cash facilitator (keeping the HUBs well aware of what is going on) and ensure that the funds are delivered on time.
- Receive the reimbursement request with all documents from cash facilitator, check the documents and forward to HQ for reimbursements.
- Provide trainings and build capacity of all existing and newly recruited staff on accountancy procedure in coordination and all the hubs.
- Based on Key Performance Tool results analysis training needs for each hub, propose training needs to finance co and deliver the trainings
- Realize support missions on hubs (monitoring visit, training visit, support in case of heavy workload, gap filling…);
- Upon request, provide additional support to the Finance Coordinator;
- Participate actively to internal meetings where needed or requested;
- Provide support to compliance department in preparation of audit, by participating pre-audit meeting and providing all needed documents/information.
PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS:HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption. REQUIREMENTSEducation and experience: – Accounting Officer and/or Finance officer – minimum 1 year of experience– Experience with INGO is a strong asset– Knowledge of the software “Navision” is a strong asset– Strong knowledge of MS Excel– Bachelor degree in accountancy and/or financeProfessional & Personal skills:– Strong organizational skills– Autonomous, reactive and able to deal with priorities– Proactive and proposition force on his/her tasks or about potential evolutions of the department– Extremely rigorous and precise, attention to details– Diplomat, able to work collaboratively in a team– Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills– Practical and problems solve– Ready and able to travel in middle east– Ability to work out-side working hours as per need.– Strong humanitarian commitmentLanguage:– English & Arabic mandatory (oral and written)Above mentioned list of tasks/responsibilities is non-exhaustive, tasks can be modified and/or added as per the needs and development of HI’s activities.The person should be willing to travel in Middle East, specifically in locations with security threats.JOB CONDITIONS – Remuneration: according to HI salary grid– Starting date: mid-august 2020– Duration/ Type of contract: 6 months renewable – based on a timeline project– Others: Health insuranceHumanity & Inclusion is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilitiesBasic salary range for the position : From 1,267JOD based on experienceClosing date: 07/07/2020Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications should include CV and motivation letter. Applications incomplete or received after the deadline will be disregarded.
للتقديم من هنا