Accountabilities and Key Roles:
- Develop technical designs and technology roadmaps for Arab Bank.
- Analyse business requirements, identify solution options, and recommend the preferred technology option.
- Define platform requirements inclusive of all business and technical requirements.
- Ensure technology architecture aligns with architectural vision, standards, and guidelines.
- Identify architecture decisions and ensure that they are documented effectively and endorsed by the appropriate party.
- Identify / prioritise risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Ensure traceability from business requirements through system/component requirements to systems integration and user acceptance test.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate Technology strategy standards and methodologies under the direction of the IT Strategy, Architecture and Integration Lead.
- Engage with IT and Business Stakeholders to ensure that Technology Strategies are developed in alignment with business outcomes and corporate goals and strategies.
- Promote and guide Arab Bank staff to the principles and contents of Technology Strategies to ensure their correct implementation and adherence (especially on IT Projects).
- Provide input into strategic planning information gathered IT groups and direct from other relevant areas of Arab Bank.
- Technology Strategy and IT Plans drafted for review and stakeholder endorsement.
- Provide technical advice and guidance on the development of Technology Strategies and Plans.
- Maintain currency of ICT infrastructure technologies and capabilities so that niche advice and guidance can be provided to peer Solution Architects and Technology solution / operations specialists.
- Work alongside Solution Architects in support of solution design development to ensure that the underlying ICT infrastructure components are considered and can meet the desired business outcomes.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science from a recognized University.
- 10+ years experience of working in banking industry and 3+ experience in technology implementation projects
- 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of enterprise platforms
- Experience in on-prem to cloud migration
- Proven success in large-scale deployment projects
- Specialized accreditations in IT Architecture: TOGAF, …etc.
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and stakeholder management skills
- Able to work in fast moving IT delivery environment and coach and mentor for less experienced colleagues inside and outside of the team
- Proven Leadership & Management skills
- The ability to facilitate architectural decisions and sponsor the development of common reusable solutions across the enterprise.
- Strong strategic skills to develop long-term visions and the ability to translate them into actionable roadmaps .
- Innovative approach to problem solving.