About the job
Bank of Jordan is seeking to hire a Large Corporate Senior Relationship Manager to be part of our Large Corporate Team. We are growing and looking for a high-caliber individual to be part of a growing team and help contribute to our success. The candidate will call on prospective and existing large corporate clients that have financing needs that require complex analyses, underwriting, structuring, and documentation. The candidate should maintain a robust pipeline of prospective and existing clients for the acquisition and expansion of client relationships. Manage large corporate accounts or specific industry client relationships with close monitoring requirements and ensure compliance with all credit covenants, risk triggers, conditions, and regulatory requirements. The candidate should have solid experience with structuring credit, knowledge of the credit process, the skillset to engage with transaction banking and financial market sales product partners and be able to build a portfolio at our bank’s set standards. Should be able to work independently and can meet goals of the job with minimal oversight or coaching needed.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Calls on new and existing clients to originate and maintain a robust pipeline of new business; initiates new or strengthened assigned banking relationships to identify and act on opportunities to grow the book. The candidate should monitor for competitive information and take proactive action to retain/expand client relationships.
- Provides suitable advice and counsel to existing and potential customers.
- Studies industrial, commercial, economic, and financial situations relating to the business to offer advice, if appropriate.
- The candidate should aim to achieve a leadership position for any relationship by implementing an appropriate share-of-wallet approach that is aligned with the function strategy and the bank’s appetite statement.
- Manages a portfolio of large corporate client relationships with significance in financial analysis, underwriting, or structuring and/or representing industry-specific fundamental conditions when applicable.
- Monitors the relationship to ensure ongoing credit quality, discipline, and compliance with credit terms. Initiates proactive appropriate and timely actions for any deviations to loan covenants or conditions of approval.
- Prepares quality credit presentations of highly significant complexity justifying the credit request that is supported with comprehensive qualitative and quantitative analysis, appropriate identification of risks and risk mitigations, structuring, and pricing consistent with Bank policies and guidelines.
- Mentors and assists credit analysts, and underwriters, in the appropriate structuring of credit requests to best meet client needs while adhering to Bank policies and risk profiles.
- Participates in industry and community events to build a network of referral sources and generate business leads.
- Supports the Bank’s Brand and mission internally and externally.
- Supports Brand awareness through marketing efforts and community outreach.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial statements, general business periodicals, professional journals, policies & procedures, or government regulations.
- Ability to write credit reports & business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from stakeholders, customers, the public, and professional peers. A solid understanding of business and banking terminology.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as statistical inference and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to business-related situations. Basic understanding of accounting, including financial statement and credit analysis skills.
- Ability to manage multiple clients, credit requests, deadlines, and other priorities. Utilizes critical and creative thinking skills.
- Eight years of experience in corporate banking, commercial banking, and or corporate finance.
- Bachelor’s degree in banking, finance, accounting, and with major and minor accreditations.
- Candidate should enjoy business and credit sense and have developed the required set of development skills to assume the role.
- Candidate should excel in the required negotiation and communication skills, and be comfortable selling to prospects, networking, and speaking before groups.
- A postgraduate academic degree or a professional degree within the field is a plus.