MEDA is looking to hire
“Deputy Project Director ”
MEDA is implementing the Jordan Valley Links project, a 5-year project, in partnership with Global Affairs Canada. The ultimate outcome of the project is to increase the contribution of women and youth to Jordan’s economic growth in three main sectors: food processing, tourism, and clean technologies.
Primary Responsibilities and Required Qualifications
The Deputy Project Director (DPD) will be the Technical Lead for the value chain components of the Project. He/she will be responsible for leading and building capacity within the project team in technical value chain approaches to ensure effective implementation of market systems development strategies and project performance targets. Responsibilities include: building capacity of project staff and partners in value chain and market systems development approaches in the context of the project’s specific sectors; serve as a liaison between MEDA and key facilitating partners, including financial institutions, local civil society organizations and private sector actors; provide support to the CPD in project staff recruitment and administration (where appropriate); effectively manage and mentor a team of technical specialists; and successfully and positively cultivate relationships with external and internal stakeholders. The DPD will report to the Country Project Director; this position will be based in Amman and will involve frequent travel to project locations countrywide.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Post-graduate qualifications (ideally a Master’s degree) in business, international development, economic development or related field;
- A minimum of five years’ experience implementing value chain/economic development projects including managing teams to deliver economic growth outcomes;
- Strong understanding of and proven experience in women’s economic empowerment programming in a development context;
- Strong understanding of and experience in women’s and/or youth economic empowerment, business development, marketing and/or facilitation of value chain development approaches;
- Demonstrated ability to mobilize stakeholders into partnerships and alliances, coordinate and facilitate collaborative processes;
- Experience managing donor-funded projects or programs;
- Experience in managing people and/or multi-disciplinary teams;
- Sector experience in agribusiness, tourism or clean technology desirable;
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required;
- Applicants must be Jordanian Nationals
To apply for this position, please send your resume (in English) and cover letter by e-mail to email@example.com
with the position title on the subject line.
The deadline for submission is close of business on Thursday, March 9th, 2017.
Please note that only finalists will be contacted