Position Title : Intern with Procurement & Logistics Department 2 positions
Duty Station : Amman, Jordan
Type of appointment : Internship contract
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Vacancy Number : JOR/21/2018
: 03 July 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Procurement & Logistics Officer and the direct supervision of the Asset Management & Logistics Assistant, the successful candidate will assist the Asset Management & Logistics Assistant in the physical asset inventory for Jordan Mission. S/he will be responsible for the following duties described hereafter.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in conducting physical asset inventory by verifying assets according to the master list at all IOM Jordan office premises in Amman.
- Assist in making necessary remarks and update on the master list and excel sheet as required, and report it to the Asset Management & Logistics Assistant for updating the information in the PRISM system.
- Assist in collecting and recording information of assets such as model, serial number, user name, location.
- Assist in identifying and sorting broken, old, obsolete, good condition and functioning assets.
- Assist in tagging assets with asset QR stickers.
- Assist in obtaining user’s signature on Asset Assignment Form and Asset Return Form.
- Assist in physically move assets from one location to another location.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education & Experience
· Fresh graduate University degree in Purchasing, Logistics and Supplies Management,
· Good computer knowledge in MS Office packages (word, excel, etc).
Fluent in Arabic.
Fluent in English.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Monitors own work to correct errors
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients, including donors, governments, and project beneficiaries
- Keeps clients informed of developments and setbacks
- Contributes to colleagues’ learning
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
- Actively shares relevant information
- Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures
- Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience
- Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
Creativity and Initiative
- Actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Expands responsibilities while maintaining existing ones
- Persuades others to consider new ideas
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
Leadership and Negotiation
- Convinces others to share resources
- Actively identifies opportunities for and promotes organizational change
- Presents goals as shared interests
- Articulates vision to motivate colleagues and follows through with commitments
- Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Holds directly reporting managers accountable for providing fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
Planning and Organizing
- Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
- Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others
- Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
- Adjusts priorities and plans to achieve goals
- Allocates appropriate times and resources for own work and that of team members
- Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
- Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
- Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Contributes to, and follows team objectives
- Seeks input and feedback from others
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities as appropriate
- Actively supports and implements final group decisions
- Learns about developments in available technology
- Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
- Understands applicability and limitation of technology and seeks to apply it to appropriate work
· Establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
How to apply:
– Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications plus a cover letter via Akhtaboot website, by 03 July 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement and VN #82037
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the Akhtaboot website.
From 19 June 2018 to 03 July 2018.